GST returns must be filed by every company owner or self-employed professional who is involved in the acquisition or supply of goods and services. If you fall into this group, you will be required to pay GST according to the GST reporting deadline. Here’s every single step you need to be aware of about GST payments and how to make them.
What is called the GST payment?
Calculate your total GST payment by subtracting your input tax credit from your outbound tax due. Add any interest or late fees, if applicable, and remove the TDS/TCS from the total. This way, you’ll be able to measure the error free amount of GST you’ll have to pay. Proceed to pay the GST amount when you’ve calculated it.
What exactly is the GST Portal?
In actuality, the GST Portal is listed on Google as (https:www.gst.gov.in). This is the location where all GST-related actions may be carried out. You have entire authority overall operations:
- Online GST registration
- Filling out returns
- Paying GST taxes
- Applying for a refund
- Downloading free accounting software
- Searching for taxpayer information (GSTIN, address, type, etc.)
- Find out when the GST is due.
As a Registered Taxpayer, where to log in to GST Portal?
To begin, you must first understand what GST and the GST Portal are, as well as why you want them. We should be able to log in to the GST PORTAL if we have a better knowledge of the terms GST and the online GST Portal.
As a result, we may learn it quickly by following these simple steps.
To log in, simply follow the instructions below:
- First, get your GST registration completed by a professional, or you can register for GST registration online.
- Go to Google and type in GST PORTAL or www.gst.gov.in (direct login here)
- Then click on the above link or the first link that appears on Google to access the GST Portal.
- Then, if you haven’t already, register yourself, and if you have, log in by clicking the login icon in the top right corner.
- As a registered taxpayer, log in with your user name and password, input the captcha number, and then click the login button.
- Finally, you will be sent to your login page, where you may do all of your GST-related tasks.
How can I register for the GST site in India online?
As taxpaying businessmen, we should be aware of how to apply for GST online in India. Because we are obligated to register on the GST site as a businessman, we are liable to pay tax on sales. So, to register on the GST portal, simply follow these easy steps:
- First, use the Google search engine to find the GST portal site.
- Next, navigate to Services>Registration>New Registration>
- And fill in all required detail and proceed
- You will now be received a TRN number to use in filling out the rest of the forms.
- Then, in the same way, proceed through TRN no and fill all required details as demanded in GST registration
- After filling in all required details, simply verify and submit the form
- And you will receive an ARN No for tracking
- You will receive your registration number very soon if no changes are required.
How can I give the status of my GST registration going over using my ARN or TRN number?
On the GST site, we may check the status of our GST registration using our ARN and TRN numbers. To perform so, simply follow these instructions:
With the assistance of TRN no:
- First, use the Google search engine to find the GST portal website. Then proceed to Services>Registration>New Registration>.
- Here, you’ll notice two options: new registration and TRN no.
- Simply proceed via TRN no., which includes logging in with your TRN number and an OTP.
- Then you’ll see your GST registration status.
With the assistance of ARN no:
- First, search for the GST portal on Google.
- Next, go to Services>Registration>Track Application Status.
- Finally, input your ARN number and captcha and search.
- Finally, you’ll be able to check the status of your GST registration and follow the progress if it’s still waiting.
How can I make a GST payment after I’ve logged into the GST Portal and generated a challan?
After you’ve logged in to the GST Portal and generated a challan, follow these steps to make your GST payment:
- Go to https://www.gst.gov.in/ and type in the URL. This is the GST Home page.
- Enter a valid password to access the GST Portal.
- Open the challan that was produced. Select Services > Payments > Challan History from the drop-down menu.
- Click the CPIN link for the payment you wish to make.
Note: If you don’t know the CPIN number, you may use the Search By Day option to look for the number by the date it was created.
- Select the E-Payment Mode.
In the case of an e-Payment
If you’re using Net Banking, here’s what you’ll need to know:
1) Choose the bank with which you’d want to make the payment.
2) Check the box which appears to say “Terms and Conditions Apply.”
3) press the cursor on MAKE PAYMENT from the drop-down menu.
If you’re using a credit or debit card, follow these steps:
1) Pick the payment gateway option in the Please select a payment gateway section.
2) Check the box which appears to say “Terms and Conditions Apply.”
3) Select MAKE PAYMENT from the drop-down menu.
Note: You will be routed to the selected Bank’s Net Banking website. The amount of the payment is displayed on the Bank’s website. Cancel the transaction and produce a new challan if you wish to adjust the amount.
If your payment is successful, you will be sent to the GST Portal, where you may check the status of your transaction. The payment receipt suddenly appears on the screen.
- Move on to the View Receipt link and press to see the receipt.
- You may also make another payment by selecting MAKE ANOTHER PAYMENT from the drop-down menu.
- The Electronic Cash Ledger may be seen by following the link Click here to access your Cash Ledger.
In brief, in order to be compliant, any firm must follow the GST payment process and adhere to the GST payment schedule.
Every business must therefore be aware of the required GST payment formats, carry out the exact GST payment calculations, and stick to the GST payment dates.
It is mandatory to proceed with the correct GST payment vouchers in order to make GST payment online time-to-time and carry on with their business without hassle.
Yes, you can do it yourself if you have a login user id or password and desire to complete all GST operations yourself, but only if you have a decent degree or understand GST activities well.
If, on the other hand, you are unable to comprehend or are uneducated. As a result, you should get professional assistance for any GST-related tasks rather than doing them on your own.
Q. Is GST registration required to use the GST portal?
Not for everyone; in fact, you do not have to register if you are not required to register. If you have a login id or password, you can access all of your GSTIN’s and outside actions, which all dealers require at some point or another.
On the other hand, if you are not liable and yet want to utilize the GST site, you may perform or use all of the actions listed above before logging in, such as download offline software, search taxpayer details by GSTIN, pan, and search for regular or composition GST taxpayers.
Q. How do you pay GST if you’re an unregistered dealer?
Unregistered individuals can produce a Challan using the temporary ID that has been assigned to them. He can also use TID to produce challans.
Q. Can a third party make a GST payment on a taxpayer’s behalf online?
Yes, a third party can make payments on the taxpayer’s behalf. The third party can make payments by specifying the right GSTIN for the payment.
Q. Is it possible to pay GST without logging in?
Perform the following procedures to produce and generate a Challan without login into the GST Portal: … Enter your GSTIN or Other Id in the GSTIN/Other Id area (User Id for unregistered applicants to make any payments). Enter the captcha text in the Type the characters as shown below the form. Then press the PROCEED button.
Raj Kumar is a qualified business/finance writer expert in investment, debt, credit cards, Passive income, financial updates. He advises in his blog finance clap.