The EPF Passbook refers to an online passbook facility enabling users to check EPF account statements at any time. Download or print them by means of the EPFO app.
Before downloading the EPFO passbooks, you will require activation of your UAN (Universal Account Number), allotted by EPFO.
How to Login into EPFO Portal?
Employees and employers can log in on the EPFO member login portal but should activate their UAN. It’s a simple process to activate the UAN, and you can do it on the EPFO portal. Every member of the EPF scheme UAN has the EPFO. Employees find UAN from employers or salary slips. Here is the procedure to log in to the EPFO portal. Both employees and employers can get support like this:
- Employees should go to the EPFO website https://www.epfindia.gov.in/site_en/index.php to Visit EPFO Portal.
- An employee on the EPFO website must go to ‘Services.’
- Click ‘For Employees’.
- The next page appears, and the employee must click ‘Member UAN/Online Service (OCS/OTCP)’ under ‘Services.’
- Select Member UAN
- A new page appears, and so the employee must enter UAN and password.
- Enter captcha details.
- The employee must click ‘Sign In.’
- The next page redirects to the employee’s EPFO portal. Employees get the opportunity of updating their Know Your Customer (KYC) details. You can get the option for checking PF amount, PF balance, and transfer PF amount.
The EPFO member login process that employers have to log is a bit different and is as follows:
- employer must-visit login page for EPFO employer https://unifiedportal-emp.epfindia.gov.in/epfo/
- Enter the username and password
- click ‘Sign In.’
- The next page becomes the main page of the employer’s EPFO portal. An employer can approve the KYC details.
A highlight on the Passbook Details
- the details of the in the EPF Passbook include the following-
- Establishment ID along with the name of the company.
- Member ID along with the member’s name.
- Employee and Employer share.
- Name of the EPFO office, its type.
- Monthly deposit along with the withdrawal contribution of both the employee and the employer.
- Date and time of the printing at the end of the statement.
- Monthly contribution towards pension account of the employee.
Downloading Passbook for EPF Member
EPFO members can get the scope for downloading and printing the passbook. Get service available through the EPFO website. Step by step process is as follows:
- Visit the Member Passbook page that you can get on the EPFO Website.
- Click on the ‘e-Passbook.’
- Enter your UAN, password, and captcha code>>>click the “Login” button.
- You can see Member IDs of EPF accounts linked with UAN.
- Click on the Member ID PF statement that you want to download.
- By clicking on the Member ID, you can get all the details of the PF account, such as the organization name, employee name, office location, employer and the employee share, and the contribution towards the Employees’ Pension Scheme (EPS) account. Log in procedure to the EPFO portal is simple, and all you will need is to enter the Universal Account Number (UAN) password alongside the captcha to complete the login procedure.
You may also like to read, How to change EPF Nomination Online
Services by EPFO
Plenty of services offered by the EPFO are there as below:
- PF withdrawal Online
- Transfer of PF
- Online payments PF amount
- Missed call and SMS alerts for checking the PF balance
- EPF passbook gets downloaded
- You can also claim status online
- Grievance redressal
- Certificate for international workers
- Establishments can get registered online
- Universal Account Number (UAN)
Help Desk EPFO UAN
EPFO comes with a separate portal holding the details related to the UAN. Get access to the services of the portal by registering the help-desk portal while providing certain details like UAN, Aadhar number, and PAN. The help desk is there to provide assistance with EPF and UAN related issues.
EPFO Login for Employers and employees are separate to help transfer claims in an efficient and convenient way. However, the process for employers’ and employee’s login is just the same.
Aarvi the owner and senior content publisher at Financeclap. Aarvi completed his education in BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration), and recently she was working as an assistant manager for the accounts company. She also works as a senior digital marketing consultant for one IT company in 2018. The main idea for starting Financeclap is to provide the best and helpful information related to the business industry to the readers. Aarvi main hobbies are playing cricket, watching videos and listening to music in the free time. You can learn more about her on about us page.