Checking the Employees Provident Fund (EPF) balance is very simple for Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) members. Besides, it also becomes easier to check the passbook. We will discuss this here.
Methods to check Member passbooks Online via UAN
Member passbook assists in checking the EPF Balance anytime. View or download EPF Passbook Online with the activation of the UAN (Universal Account Number).
However, when you have multiple EPF accounts, you will be having a separate passbook for every account.
Steps to be followed for Downloading EPF Passbook Online
You can download The EPF Passbook can be download online once you have completed the UAN registration. But, you should do that on the EPFO portal. Steps to help you with EPF passbook download online.
- Visit the EPFO
- Click on “e-passbook.”
- A new tab appears. Enter “UAN,” “Password,” and “Captcha”
- Click on “Login.”
- You can see the Member IDs of EPF accounts linked with UAN.
- Click on EPF Member ID. You can find that under “Select Member ID to View Passbook.”
- By clicking on the Member ID, you can see all details like the organization name, employee name, location of the office, the share of the employer, share of the employee, and the contribution towards EPS.
- Passbook opens on the next tab in PDF format.
- Download or print the passbook directly.
Ways for getting the information regarding the Member passbook Online
1. EPFO Portal
Employees use the EPFO portal to access the EPF passbook. However, it’s mandatory to have an activated UAN. The process to follow to check the EPF balance:
- Visit the EPFO portal that is https://www.epfindia.gov.in/site_en/index.php.
- Visit EPFO Portal
- The next page appears. Member must click ‘For Employees’ under ‘Our Services.’
- Click on ‘Member Passbook’ under the ‘Services.’
- The next page appears. Member must enter UAN, password, and captcha.
- Click on ‘Login.’
- The next page appears. The member gets the details to check the EPF balance under Member ID.
2. UMANG App
Downloading the Unified Mobile Application for the UMANG app, let’s check the EPF balance. Besides checking EPF balance, one-time registration using the member’s mobile number with the UAN gives complete access to the app.
View historical EPF transactions:
- Install UMANG app
- Open it.
- Click on the EPFO option.
- Select “Employee Centric Services”
- The next screen appears. Find the “View Passbook.”
- Clicking on it.
- Provide UAN number.
- Enter the OTP that you get on the registered number.
- Click on ‘Login.’ View EPF transactions, withdrawals, and deposits.
3. Missed Call
Give the missed call to 011-22901406 from a registered mobile number gives the details as well. However, there is a need to link the employee’s Permanent Account Number (PAN), Aadhaar, and bank account number with UAN in order.
4. SMS Service
Employees with activated can send an SMS to 7738299899. It helps check the PF balance and the last contribution. Format SMS is EPFOHO UAN ENG. One can choose the preferred language to receive the details.
Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Marathi Bengali, Malayalam, Gujarati, Punjabi, Hindi, and English are languages that are now available. For PF details in Kannada, the SMS format should be EPFOHO UAN KAN. Again, note that there is a need to link PAN, Aadhaar, and bank details to the UAN for the employees.
Checking EPF Balance of Exempted Establishments or private Trusts
EPF contribution, with the exempted establishment or private trust, goes to company-managed trusts. Company-managed trust reveals PF account balance. You won’t get the common method for checking PF balance. The EPFO isn’t offering a passbook facility for Exempted Establishments.
However, they can check EPF balance by checking PF slip or payslip, checking the company’s employee portal, checking with the company’s HR department, Tracking contributions of member passbook.
You may also like to read, Provident Funds and its Variations and Importance
You have learnt the steps to check member passbooks using UAN. Do follow the steps for the member passbook check and you can get started.
Aarvi the owner and senior content publisher at Financeclap. Aarvi completed his education in BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration), and recently she was working as an assistant manager for the accounts company. She also works as a senior digital marketing consultant for one IT company in 2018. The main idea for starting Financeclap is to provide the best and helpful information related to the business industry to the readers. Aarvi main hobbies are playing cricket, watching videos and listening to music in the free time. You can learn more about her on about us page.